cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 flashing one respooling in reboot mode

Burnsie66
Tuning in

Hi all, just got back from holiday and my V6 in living room is not working, in alternates between welcome screen, starting up and spooling, the repeats welcome screen, starting up and spooling, again and again.

my box in my bedroom is fine.  I have been through the online troubleshooting and been advised to chat online or call, due to work I am unable to hold on for ages on the phone as I have tried, please can someone help me🥹🥹🥹

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like your V6 is in a reboot loop. You can try the following as a last throw of the dice.. Turn off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button should turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally

If this fails, you'll need to report your fault. Either by calling in for an immediate response, or waiting on this forum a day or so for VM to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Still not working, thanks for the help though.  🙁

Please can anyone help 🥹

Burnsie66
Tuning in

Hi all, just got back from holiday and my V6 in living room is not working, it alternates between welcome screen, starting up and spooling, the repeats welcome screen, starting up and spooling, again and again.

my box in my bedroom is fine.  I have been through the online troubleshooting and been advised to chat online or call, due to work I am unable to hold on for ages on the phone as I have tried, please can someone help me🥹🥹🥹

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like your V6 is in a reboot loop. You can try the following as a last throw of the dice.. Turn off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button should turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally

If this fails, you'll need to report your fault. Either by calling in for an immediate response, or waiting on this forum a day or so for VM to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hi japitts, thanks, have done this but still spooling. Was worth a try 😢

I have been without my service since Monday, I have been trying to telephone Virgin for 3 days now and just keep getting told we are busy call back later.  Please can someone from Virgin reach out to me as we pay for an expensive package and really don’t think is a good way to treat customers…….please please help🙏

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Burnsie66.
Thanks for reaching out on our help forums regarding the TV box issue and sorry for the late reply and to see the issues you're having with one of your V6 boxes currently.

We'd love to best assist you, from what you've advised on this we can confirm we'll need to send out a tech and see if this can be fixed or replaced for you.

I'll send you a PM here soon so we can arrange this, please check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Burnsie66, 

Thanks for your follow up on this issue, we can see that you've been in a PM with Adri who is looking after you for this particular issue. 

Please refer back to her messages within your PM's if you need further help 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L