Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 firmware trial.

I would like to trial the new for.mware that meets ocffcoms guidelines for an audio supported TV guide. I am blind and therefore an ideal candidate.

How do I get on thethe  trial?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 firmware trial.

Is there going to be a trial? I doubt it.

Liberty Global (VMs parent company) is already rolling out the Horizon 4 platform across its operations in Europe. We were the first to get the V6 box, but with the TiVO firmware as an interim measure until Horizon can be rolled out here.

Horizon comes with a voice control remote function as standard.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The issue is that you as a sighted person can use your eyes to read what's on when you use the mini guide etc. Being  blind I need the V6 box to announce what's on. This applies anywhere there is text output.

Try using the TV guide with your eyes shut to see what's on bbc1 at 11 tonight. It's not possible. Offcom have made TV guide support for visually impaired users mandatory.

That's why I wish to test horizon firmware.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If this article from last year is anything to go by, then the features required by OFCOM are already available in the current version of The TiVO firmware & Horizon 4

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/10/virgin-media-preparing-new-horizon-software-for-uk-v6-... 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Also, I don't think they can roll out updates to individual customers, just areas

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Having participated in previous trials of TiVo software, it can be done at an individual level by using the TSN (TiVo Service Number) which uniquely identifies a TiVo or V6 box.