Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 error 7400

We got this second box last year when we took the Ultimate Oomph bundle but never got round to installing it as our bedroom was being decorated/revamped. Engineer left us cable because my husband is a network engineer and data installer and is more than capable of running and terminating the cables himself. We have now got round to plugging it in, but are constantly getting the bouncing box with error code 7400. Can watch Channel 4 and signal quality is perfect etc just can’t choose anything else in the guide. 2 days using the chat service has been a complete waste of time. Is there anyone that can pick this up and help activate this box please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 error 7400

I believe you can call 0800 9539500 to activate boxes.

But whether that number will work for a box that has been left so long I don't know, it may need a VM rep on here.

Keith

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

thanks for the reply - gave up calling after being on hold for nearly 50 minutes in total today and yesterday 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi its definitely a box that needs activating, try the number already given have your account no area code and serial number of the box that needs activating, however leaving a box for that length of time it's not going to work, as its virgins property you will need to return it, and apply for a new one. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why would it need returned? I have been paying bills etc every month, so how hard is it to activate a V6 box rather than all the hassle of returning a box to get the same model sent out to go through all this again ? Makes no sense

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried the phone number I posted above, rather than the standard VM phone number?

Keith

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I’m on hold again for about the third time 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On hold for 45 minutes last night and gave up and tried to get it resolved on chat and no one replied to me. Finally got another message this morning and it was fixed in 5 minutes - can’t believe the hassle and how useless some of the support staff were at handling this. Syed sorted it with a photo of the label on the bottom of the box - no one at any point asked me for those details in the previous 2 days worth of chat. Unbelievable. 

0 Kudos