Menu
DamoR
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 display issue

Has anyone come across this issue and know a solution? 

I just bought a new LG OLED tv and normally i rarely use my v6 box as i had other ways to watch content but i wanted to set up my new tv with everything working.

I plugged in the v6 box to the new tv and got nothing.. rebooted everything and got the welcome screen but it looked green and pixilated. After about 20 seconds the screen goes black and the tv displays no input or incorrect format on the screen occasionally. Ive tried new cable different port and also swapped back to my old tv and its the same so im thinking its the box. Anyone any ideas? 

New TV 

IMG-20210101-WA0001.jpeg

 Old TV 

IMG-20210101-WA0006.jpeg

 Thanks

Damien

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 display issue

Try a new HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
DamoR
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tried a different one already

0 Kudos
Thesaint1967
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi.. I get a similar issue but with vertical lines. I change to watching TV Digital for a time to wait to the V6 box boots up. I have a Sony OLED tv and just took this as normal. Does it change when you get the virgin logo after the welcome picture changes. I'm finding lately the screen goes black for a few seconds and come crack on which is causing me to reboot the v6 box. Hence why I know about the weird welcome screen like yours

0 Kudos
DamoR
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I get nothing after the welcome screen, it just goes off and TV shows no signal and occasionally flashes up Incompatible format so im guessing my box is faulty and not outputting the correct display format. its impossible to contact anyone at VM about this issue though.

0 Kudos
DamoR
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Any CS agents/forum experts fancy sorting this for me?? its impossible to call anyone! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos