Menu
Bridoll67
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 connected to projector

I have connected projector to V6 box but only get screen menus and banners and sound, there is no live picture. Is V6 not compatible with projector or is there a setting I need to change ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
LJP1972
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No Picture - Settings for a Projector

I'm in need of your expertise and help please.

I recently bought a BenQ W2700 4K UHD projector. When I replace my old projector with it I get not picture. Is there a setting I'm missing?

The HDMI is 15m long so believe that I could only ever get HD but I'm getting nothing at all (I've just purchased a fibre optic HDMI to see if this solves the problem)

When I connect my Xbox One S to the new projector using the old HDMI I get a great HD picture...

I'm stumped and need your help please

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Picture - Settings for a Projector

Good afternoon @LJP1972 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

The V6 is not compatible with projectors at the moment. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 connected to projector

What is the projector you have, and do you have anything else connected in your A/V setup?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Bridoll67
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I just bought this one from Amazon - VILINICE Wifi Projector,Portable...

The only connection I have is an HDMI cable between the Virgin tv box and the projector. I can get the Virgin tv menu screen and when I change channel I can see the banners in bottom area of screen. The sound is also ok but no picture. I recently bought a different projector but returned it as faulty. It worked fine at first then intermittently it would lose the sound and have picture and then it would have same issue as the current projector has - no picture but menus and sound.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bridoll67,

The projector states Max HD Resolution 1080p Full HD

Have you tried setting your V6 to 1080p?

Help & Settings > Settings > Video Output > Video Output  Format >  1080p and 1080p passthrough

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Bridoll67
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi newapollo,

I had been playing around with the settings but I think I had maybe been changing the settings while the projector was on. I have now found through series of elimination that if I select and save 1080i on tv and then connect to projector then it finally works 😁😁

Cheers !!

Rando
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Picture - Settings for a Projector

Hi Zak_M,

When you the V6 isn't compatible with projectors "at the moment" - is that a temporary thing? Any idea why they aren't and are they going to be made compatible or will that require a new version of the Virgin box?

Seems really odd that they wouldn't be compatible in this day and age for anyone wanting to have a home cinema

thanks

0 Kudos
Rando
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

I've asked a question about using a projector with a V6 box on another thread because someone said that the V6 box wasn't compatible with projectors "just now". You suggest that you work for Virgin .... can you confirm one way or another if the V6 can be connected to a projector and if it can, what do i need to look for in the projector spec before buying one to ensure they are compatible?

Thanks

R

0 Kudos