Menu
stumacdon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 coax cable

I want to move my V6 closer to the wall socket. Obviously the cable.i have now (guessing 10meters) is way too long, I'd be looking at 2 meters tops.

Is there anywhere I can buy a 2m coax cable?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 coax cable

The coax Virgin use is specifically manufactured for them. It is also their property as it forms part of the local network. Hence it is against T&Cs to alter it yourself. Removing 10m of cable will also affect your signal levels, which may require adjustment in the street cabinet.

Getting VM to make the alterations will cost you a £99 non fault callout fee. But then any unauthorised alterations that induce noise onto VMs network could be even more costly. Far better to just coil the cable up. At least then you have slack to move the box again if you want.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
stumacdon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks 

I'd be more than happy to fit it myself. The problem I have is the cable running around the room is largely inaccessible and even if I did manage to get it free, it's not easy to hide around 15m of cabling when it's going less than 1m from the wall box.

A new cable would be a quick swap and its basically a test to work out where a fault lies between my V6 box and Projector and the pictures flicking an awful lot and makes 4k viewing almost unwatchable. The long cable could then be hidden behind the giant wardrobe

I believe it may be the HDMI cable (so trying a shorter one) but to do that I need to move the V6 box closer to the projector.

I've had so many issues with VM I'd hope they would just send me a length of cable to test with

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Changing from a 15m cable to a 2m cable will more than likely need the engineer to adjust the power level, so I am afraid that an engineer will be needed.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos