Menu
bwac2014
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 cable to short

just had a second V6 box installed and I hadn't realised the engineer didn't leave any play in the cable   and left it sitting on my sub woofer I need to move the STB onto an adjacent shelf which means extending the cable about 12" where can I get the cable?

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 cable to short

If you've just had it installed within the last 14 days then you can call up and speak to an agent to have an engineer sent out again to rectify the issue. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
bwac2014
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aaron2 thanks for your response unfortunately I left it and left it now its nearly 4 weeks, if I can get the cable and connectors I can do it myself

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@bwac2014 wrote:

Hi Aaron2 thanks for your response unfortunately I left it and left it now its nearly 4 weeks, if I can get the cable and connectors I can do it myself

A very expensive choice. The white cable is triple screened & is specially manufactured for Virgin. Using any other type of cable risks allowing RF noise onto the network which can disrupt services. Non fault callouts cost £99 to get anything like this fixed.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos