Menu
Surf1666
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 buffering

After problems with our TiVo box we changed to a v6 box. It all works perfectly until prime time evenings then the buffering starts! Iplayer Netflix amazon prime all suffer the same fate. I could understand if this happened at all times but it only occurs when it seems most of the local population are watching on demand. Please help as this evening we have resorted to listening to radio 2!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 buffering

Can you watch normal OnDemand programmes ok?

Do you have any (speed) problems with your home broadband? The TiVo box has its internet connection inbuilt and separate from your home broadband, the V6 connects via your homehub.

How is your V6 connected to your homehub - is it Ethernet or WiFi? If it's WiFi, can you check your signal strength in Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Surf1666
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have connected via WiFi I have used a booster to get the signal to 100%. 
There is no problem with the WiFi speed. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just out of interest, on what are you basing your statement "there is no problem with the WiFi speed"?

When you have problems, can you try following Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > (on the top-bar) TV > Take a speed test

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Surf1666
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I used the Virgin speed test and had 46mbps

0 Kudos