Menu
steverb2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 boxes will not connect

i have 3 v6 boxes and they use to connect, now for some reason they don't, maybe on an odd occasion. I had to have a new box installed and when the installer was here, he tried various ways to get them to work, but was unable to, he said he would talk to the person who programmes these and get back to me, which he did, but with no news ! …… I now want to know what virgin media will now do to resolve this issue ????………. it would appear that this issue needs resolving soon as this is what we are paying for and I would like this sorted soon. something has gone wrong with the system as it was working.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 boxes will not connect

Is there a known Network issue for TV? As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing is showing there - call in and report the fault(s) and see what they say about it. Call on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 or (any other phone)- calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Took 20’ for me last Wednesday afternoon.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
steverb2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 boxes will not connect

thanks for your help john, but I think this goes much deeper and its a VM systems problem
0 Kudos