cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 boxes not talking to each other

ryan180680
Tuning in

My V6 boxes used to talk to each other so I could watch the recordings from each box but they've stopped working. It tries to connect but then times out. One box is hard wired but the others are connected over the WiFi. Please help? Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A few basics to check..

1: Do you get any error messages/codes when you try to stream recordings between the 2 boxes? That will often give a clue as to the reason.

2: Can both of your V6 use OnDemand ok? It's the same V6 <---> Hub connection being used for all streaming.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mjpartyboy
Fibre optic
I have the same setup, so two V6 boxes, one wired and one wireless, and generally they work together, but on occasions they stop connecting to each other, despite both showing on the network and the V6 network settings checking out, etc.

I find when this happens, using the restart option from the Guide > Settings section on each box sorts it out (I think that's the right place to find restart, am away from home at the moment, so can't check to be sure). Manually powering the boxes off and on doesn't fix this issue for me when it occurs, only the restart option on the box.
SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mjpartyboy wrote:
I find when this happens, using the restart option from the Guide > Settings section on each box sorts it out (I think that's the right place to find restart, am away from home at the moment, so can't check to be sure). Manually powering the boxes off and on doesn't fix this issue for me when it occurs, only the restart option on the box.

The restart option you're thinking of is, Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart. And yes, that can often help - but I'd suggest checking the error code and VoD first.

If connectivity is broken for VoD, it'll be broken for multiroom streaming too.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks