Menu
Lindylou5
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 boxes not talking to each other

I had a total loss of service for 6 days recently as workmen cut through my Virgin cable. The cable has now been fixed and all services are now back on, however since then my 2 V6 boxes don't appear to be communicating.

They are both working fine (can record and view) however I cannot view Box 2 recorded programmes through Box 1 but I can watch Box 1 recorded programmes through Box 2.

When I select "other boxes" whilst in My Shows Box 1 is unable to find Box 2, it states "box not found". This function was working fine before the cable was cut.

Any ideas how I can fix this please? 

0 Kudos
Only12months
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 boxes not talking to each other

I don’t believe this is related to your cable damage. My two V6 boxes have recently stopped seeing each other, both have been rebooted, all network connectivity is good. (Both boxes can stream from internet fine and are pingable from other network devices )

my thoughts are VM have updated firmware relating to the new V360boxes that doesn’t work correctly with the V6.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 boxes not talking to each other

This has nothing to do with your cable being cut, nor a V360 software issue as someone else has suggested.

Have you restarted both boxes yet?

Can both V6 use OnDemand services? The V6 <---> Hub connection that's used for multiroom streaming is exactly the same one as is used for OnDemand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos