Menu
pharley
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 boxes not talking to each other

Hello,

Looking for any insights with watching programs on a 2nd box from the main and vice versa. I self installed a 2nd v6 box last week. All went well with both functioning as expected individually.  Unfortunately neither box can see the other, so there's no box to box streaming etc.

They're both connected by ethernet to the hub (4) (via a small switch)

I can see them both in Connected devices and they have ip address

They both work for control and streaming via TV Control app.

Have tried multiple reboots of all 3 devices still nothing?

Anyone have an idea what's wrong?
Thanks

0 Kudos
vji6697
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 boxes not talking to each other

Hiya.  Not the answer you are hoping for, more a fellow self installer with the same issue.

I have a V6 and a Samsung Tivo both nicely talking to each other.  Today, replaced the Samsung with a V6, same ethernet cables, but they also do not see each other.

I unplugged the ethernet cable and set them both up on my mesh wi-fi network, 5Ghz, both at 100% signal - still won't see each other.

Did countless reboots in the hope that "turning it off and on again" would help - nope - so am also keen to see if anyone has any hints and tips.

vji6697
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 boxes not talking to each other

small update - managed to call early this morning and spoke to a very helpful chap who listened to what I had done, we tried a few more things like having the new V6 on wifi and the original one wired - that didn't work.   Changed network cables, moved network connection from router to switch - neither worked.

Tested accessing iplayer on both - worked.   Tested accessing recordings on both via the TV remote app - worked.  

We did see the network protocol error re port 80 etc, but he said that isn't relevant.

One thing he noticed was that the new V6 was coming up as unavailable at his end, even though it was booted up and working fine, so suspects its a duff box - could be a returns as it came without a remote, coax adapter or ethernet cable - so an engineer is booked to come and replace next week.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos