Menu
G-C1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 boxes not connecting

Hello,

I have 3 V6 boxes and they’re not connecting together to allow me to access recording? 

1 box is connected via Ethernet (cat 5) and 2 connected via WiFi (hub 3)

I’m also unable to connect to any of the boxes via to TV go app whilst out the house (4g) to set recording and they only connect intermittently to the app when on WiFi.

I think these issues are linked to the connect between the boxes and the super hub, the hub has recently had an amplifier fitted by VM. (Catch up apps buffer when playing)

The V6 boxes were only installed 2 weeks ago and I’ve got no where with calling tech support.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 boxes not connecting

First make sure that each box can reliably connect to your homehub, the inter-box streaming should naturally follow. You mention the boxes have problems using VOD (OnDemand), this makes me wonder if your underlying problem is insufficient WiFi signal/speed.

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network on the WiFi-connected boxes, and check the signal strength on the top-right, what is it? And are you getting any specific error messages when you try multi-room streaming?

In order to access the boxes remotely to manage recordings, you need to use the "TV Control" app, not "TV Go"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos