cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 boxes not connecting to media services

walrus2106
Tuning in

I have 3 v6 boxes that are not connecting to Virgin Media Services. Error code C217.

On trying to sort it through the help pages it tells you to check connections, when clicking for the next page, I get a message stating this page has moved.

I've rebooted the hub and each box but I still can't get it to connect, therefore no catch up services or TV guide.

Anyone know a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is your underlying issue.

Yours is likely an account-specific issue that may well need VM intervention. The additional checks that may assist...

1: Are all of your V6 affected, or only specific ones? Try swapping them around if so - see if the fault follows

2: Has this issue recently occured?

3: Linked to point 1, but is the issue only occurring on wireless-connected V6?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm presuming that at least one of these is not Ethernet connected - what is the wireless signal strength on any wireless connected V6?

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network .. and check for the connection details in the top-right.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

20230718_064739.jpg

 That's the status on one of the wireless boxes.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The next step would be to use the "connect to VM services now" at the bottom of the same screen, and see if that resolves the C217 error.

walrus2106
Tuning in

It attempts to connect but fails on negotiating

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is your underlying issue.

Yours is likely an account-specific issue that may well need VM intervention. The additional checks that may assist...

1: Are all of your V6 affected, or only specific ones? Try swapping them around if so - see if the fault follows

2: Has this issue recently occured?

3: Linked to point 1, but is the issue only occurring on wireless-connected V6?

Hi @walrus2106,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble with some of your V6 boxes. Would you mind answering the questions that @japitts has asked in their last post on this thread? That can help us to have a bit more of an understanding on the fault at hand and, by extension, how best to go about getting this resolved ASAP.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

its affecting all my boxes, there last connection was on 1 Jul, I even hooked a V6 box to a ethernet router, it still failed to connect. Therefore I think it maybe something in the street cabinet where the pair count is out on the cables.

Hi @walrus2106,

Thank you for expanding on this for me. I've checked over things on our systems and currently I'm unable to detect any faults that would explain this.

Does the same error appear on all of the boxes? Have you been able to try swapping the boxes around to see if things improve at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@walrus2106 wrote:

Therefore I think it maybe something in the street cabinet where the pair count is out on the cables.

If this were the case, your entire home broadband would be problematic - and you've not mentioned that. The broadband comes into your home-hub, and is then distributed via Ethernet and wireless to each device.