Menu
Aisling7
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 boxes connected however no play option

As the title says! I had to install WiFi boosters and one box ended up connecting to that and the boxes didn’t talk to each other and I couldn’t use the multiroom feature. Just put it all back on the same WiFi and now the boxes can see each other, I can click on the box, see what’s recorded but I don’t have a play option, only delete, explore etc. Can anyone help please? These boxes have been rebooted several times today and they are connected to the service etc. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 boxes connected however no play option

Hi there @Aisling7

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry that you're having some V6 issue with your Multiroom service and also playing of your recordings. 

Are you trying to watch a recording from one box to another? 

Watch a recorded show, or pause live TV to watch on another box

• If you’re watching a recorded show press Stop – this will mark the point you want to resume in another room
  • If you’re watching on live TV Press Record – you can pick up where you left off in another room

Then, you need to do the below on the V6 box you wish to continue viewing on. 

1. Press My Shows
  2. Scroll down to the end and you’ll see the name(s) of the boxes you have connected
  3. Select the Virgin TV box you want to watch from and press OK
  4. Choose the show you want to watch and press OK

You also need to make sure you have followed the below (I know the last one sounds made up but I assure you it's real!)

• Make sure both Virgin TV V6 or TiVo boxes are connected to the Hub using either an Ethernet cable or a Powerline kit
  • If you’ve just connected the Virgin TV V6 or TiVo boxes together, it can take a few minutes for a box to show up in your My Shows list or if you have just added a new Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box to your account, it can take up to 72 hours for your account to update with this information
  • If you’ve renamed a Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box, it must connect to the TiVo service to receive the new name; this can take up to 24 hours. To speed this up force a connection to the TiVo service by selecting Home then Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media service now
  • Where the name of one of the Virgin TV V6 or TiVo boxes includes special characters, streaming recordings room to room can be affected. We’d recommend that you rename the box removing any special characters.

We have more help and information in our V6 Userguide which you may find helpful.

Pop back if you need more help

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos