cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box

ByronGarton
Joining in

About 3 month ago my multi room v6 box upstairs which I paid for suddenly stopped working so I rang vm and then they sent me a replacement tivo box out. So I explained that I had a v6 upstairs too and then verified that I did have that and they sent the wrong box out. So I spoke to them and they said they would sort this mess up and now 3 month later they have not sent me nothing out apart from the new modem. This is absolutely ridiculous and I'm going to cancel my vm altogether soon as this is not acceptable cos the tivo box is shocking and I should not have to settle for this. Disgrace and they still haven't sorted 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Let's start from the beginning here, and establish some basics...

How many TV boxes do you have in your home, and what combination of TiVo/V6 are they?

There have been incidences in (admittedly not-so-recent) past times of V6 shortages, and TiVo's have been used as temporary replacements. And it's entirely feasible that, if you don't follow up the replacement back to a V6, that it could be forgotten about.

Let's approach this in a methodical way and the staff on here will be well-placed to assist. But that includes establishing exactly what's happened here, and the course of events.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have a v6 downstairs and had a v6 upstairs. The v6 upstairs stopped working because couldn't connect to the Internet so they said they would replace it. In turn they sent out a tivo so I phoned them and they agreed they was in the wrong. So to make up they said they would send out the new v6 box for upstairs and update my existing v6 box downstairs. Still not received either yet but today I received a new modem. Im still paying for this service and I think enough is enough. I'm definitely not into getting palmed off especially with the tivo box which has to be worse than a free view box. I should not have to keep wasting my time and money reminded vm of their duties because if I forgot to pay them then im sure they would not be as patient. Get my drift 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When was it that you reported your upstairs V6 as faulty, and it was replaced?

I'm not sure what "update" you were promised for your V6 downstairs, that could mean almost anything and probably means absolutely nothing!!

Have you reported a problem with your broadband/modem? Because if not, then straight away then that's possibly an error on VM's part which needs rectifying. VM do (far too often) have a habit of making what can be an easily-resolved CS query, overcomplicated, and can too easily tie themselves in knots trying to fix it... BUT that's all the more reason to methodically establish what's gone on here - so that the staff who subsequently respond have a head-start in what needs sorting.

And on that front, I can't decide whether you just need a TiVo replaced with a V6, or where the modem comes into things. Or do you have 2 bits of kit needing replacing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm basically in need of a v6 box for my bedroom. I had a v6 box in my bedroom which stopped working and then sent me a tivo box which is not a like for like replacement.ive told them this and have agreed and said they was going to send it out. But they still haven't and I've had enough

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Currently there are no V6 fault replacements done via self install, so it'll need to be an engineer to resolve this.

That's what you should have had originally for a V6 issue if diagnostics suggested that a remote fix wasn't possible.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Good Morning @ByronGarton, thanks for your post, and a Happy New Year to you!

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you to have this sorted out for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for working with me via private messaging @ByronGarton, and I'm pleased to have gotten this resolved for you today

Do please feel free to update us 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn