Menu
Deanjackson19
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 box

Hi I’ve been a Virgin media customer over 10 years. Upgraded earlier this week and included in the package was a free second box for my bedroom. The salesperson said that the box could connect via WiFi and doesn’t need to be hardwired. 

I’ve tried to install the box, get all the way through to verifying the box and it just says unable to verify. 

I can’t make my mind up whether I’ve been Sold this under false pretences or if I’m doing something wrong.

please any help would be appreciated.

dean

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box

All Virgin TV boxes need a cable connection to receive live TV channels, and this cable is the white coax cable that it doesn't sound like you have.

WiFi provides the internet connection for OnDemand services, TV Guide updates etc.

If you were specifically told that the V6 box doesn't need a coax connection, I'm sorry to say you've been misadvised. You will need an engineer visit to install an additional coax cable point wherever you want to use the V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Deanjackson19
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box

What a terrible sales person. I’ll make a phone call tomorrow. The box is 3 stories up. They have sent coax cable but it’s only 3m long.

0 Kudos