Menu
stevesinno
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

V6 box

Recently I had my V6 box changed because every day we had a black screen = no picture sound only.

The box has been changed and same problem .

I even changed the HDMI  cable.the other connections are all new including the Virgin cable. Any solutions or is it a new box  ?

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box

If you've had 2 v6 boxes and changed the hdmi lead then the fault perhaps is with your TV set. 

0 Kudos
stevesinno
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Actually Alessandro, this is now the 8th box the TV is in perfect working order it is an issue with the V6 box, and the fact that 

the service i have from Virgin is shoddy beyond belief. until recently my Virgin Broadband and phones etc were hooked up to 22 year old Telewest

equipment. The equipment was changed , the result one phoneline hasn't worked for 17 months, no refund or compensation, broadband comes & goes, the engineers who did the repull also managed to put the new equipment in wrong and some of it is hanging loose. And they left one landline still hooked up to the redundant Telewest kit. 

So i am a 100% sure it is down to virgin. I am going to take Virgin /Liberty to court if this mess isn't sorted.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevesinno,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your TV services. 

When was the last engineer visit? Was the service fully working when they left? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Do you have another TV that also uses a V6 box where you could swap the V6 boxes between the TVs and see if the same fault occurs with the same box?

0 Kudos
stevesinno
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, no i don't however i did disconnect the V6 from my TV = removed the all cables etc, then i played 3 different films on my Blu-Ray

one after the other = nearly 6 hours  the TV performed perfectly without any problems.

re-attached the V6 tried to watch , Netflix  = black screen , sound only same thing on any channel or any type of program or app such as Amazon.

Also any recorded programs . So i would say the V6 is at fault and therefore Virgin. I'm paying for a service i don't receive.

Plus plenty of other issues, no landline for 17 months, not a peep out of customer service .

Customer Service is a complete Misnomer as i regard the service as abysmal, 

0 Kudos
stevesinno
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

less than a month since an engineer visited they fitted a new box but didn't test for faults, See a previous reply, today i removed the V6 box = disconnected from TV, played 3 films on my Blu-Ray without any problems or black screens. hooked up the V6  didn't matter if it was a TV channel , or a recorded or something like Netflix same thing black screen and sound only.

I haven't had a proper broadband service for ten years , some of that is down to using defective 20 plus years old Telewest equipment, some is engineers not doing there job properly. Last year we should have had a double re-pull for two landlines and the broad band one phone was left plugged into the Telewest equipment. The engineers ( i use that term loosely ) only put one pull in. just utter rubbish from such a large Co, i have been a customer for over 20 years i get treated like crap.

so never worked we had a series of engineers telling us the phone was fine !!!!! it didn't work and hasn't for 17 months, not a refund or compensation in sight. same for broadband shoddy wouldn't cover it, as soon as i get CISAS out of the way i will be taking this matter to court, it has cost me thousands and i just  get ignored. 

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The V6 problems could potentially be linked to the broadband problems as V6 boxes use a broadband connection for a number of functions. Was the "re-pull" all the way to the green box in the street?

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevesinno,

Thanks for explaining. 

It sounds like we'll need to get you a technician booked for the V6 and to also get your broadband and landline fixed.

I'll pop you a private message now.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
stevesinno
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melissa. 

Your message was only partial ?

0 Kudos