Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box

Cable to house splits into two: one length upstairs to the virgin 3 superhub which connects to a belkin ( because current modem not as good as the original installed by Virgin predecessor company ) plus extender downstairs.

Second length goes round house to TV room downstairs.

Virgin keep telling me that we need a V6 box but accept that wifi signal does not reach the TV room.

Why cannot the cable length running to the TV room be split by Virgin to enable a second wifi/ethernet connection directly to a V6 box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box

you can only have one modem per account. you can't use the coax as an ethernet connection.
Can you run an ethernet cable the same way the coax runs

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks; however its not feasible to run an ethernet cable but I still cannot understand why the cable to the TV cannot be utilised in someway as its the same cable that runs up the drive.

Virgin like to claim they have put up prices in order to offer support but the reality is that they seem to lack the technical knowhow to solve what should be a simple issue. We haven't even advanced as far as a tivo box even though we have a smart TV with HD etc. !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

the v6 has no modem in. it uses your internet for its connection. It needs to be connected to your hub. Using cable, wireless or powerlines

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos