Menu
jenny111
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box won't go past welcome scrèen

My v6 box seems to broken. I plug it and an orange light comes on and the welcome screen shows on the tv. After a minute or two the light turns white and tv warns there is no signal over HDMI. At no point will the v6 respond to any button on the remote except the on/off button which turn the white light to red. I can't contact VM  by any means. What can I do.? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box won't go past welcome scrèen

Hi Jenny111, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you're having some issues with your V6 box, I can appreciate your frustration 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

Are you still having this issue at the moment?

If so can you confirm that your boxes are on and not in stand by mode so we can run some checks? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
jenny111
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response Emma-C, I still have no working V6 box.

After two days wasted, first chatting with robots, then sitting by my computer for hours waiting for a response to a chat then having my chat terminated when I did not respond instantly, I tried phoning.
[Suggestion to VM: On chat, please give the customer as long to repond to you as you took to respond to your customer.]
I phoned 150 and after hanging on the phone for more than an hour I eventually spoke to a real person.
He ran some tests, determined that my V6 box was broken and arranged to send me a new one.

The new box was delivered in a few days and the old one was picked up by courier about a week later.

Unfortunately the 'new' box is more broken than the old one.
Like the old one it shows the 'Welcome' screen for a minute then turns itself off - the TV reports there is no longer a signal on the HDMI input.

But, whereas the old box would respond to key-presses of the remote by blinking its light, which could be toggled from white to red to white by the on/off key, this supposedly 'new' box will not respond to any key-press on the remote.

You might argue that if a new box does not cure the problem the defect must be with the rest of my system: the remote control, the TV or the HDMI cable.
However, the fact that the TV displays the 'Welcome' screen proves that both the TV and the HDMI connection are working properly.
And when pairing the remote to the 'new' box the remote control flashes its green led twice to indicate successful pairing.
(in fact, after the green double blink, the led blinks a third time !?. Sometimes this third blink is prolonged )

>>>confirm that your boxes are on and not in stand by

My modem router is plugged in and working (except the broadband speed often falls far below its nominal 100Mb/s.)
The V6 box shows a white light when first plugged in but after a while reverts to showing a red light.
If this is not 'on' I can't change it because the box does not respond to the remote.

Sincerely
Jenny
p.s. We are really fed-up that we are missing the skiing on Eurosport.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sounds horribly like your new box might have a fault as well.. I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but I'd recommend calling in (or texting if you don't mind waiting a day or so for a response) to report this.

In the meantime, and it's probably better than nothing, if you have an iOS or Android tablet or phone, you can use the VM TV Go app (https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app ) to watch your subscribed channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos