Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

V6 box won’t come out of standby.

Hi,

recently I have found that our V6 TiVo box won’t come out of standby.

We have to power off the box and back on again.

I’ve changed the batteries in the remote, and once it’s back on it’s responsive to the remote so I don’t think it is an issue with the remote.

This has happened 4 times recently. 

Does anyone know how we can resolve this problem please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box won’t come out of standby.

when you say it won't come out of standby is it that you just get a black screen even though you've turned it on?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thanks for for getting back to me. The issue I have is that when the V6 box is in standby, it does not always respond to the remote and requires a restart before it can be powered on. The standby light remains red so there is no video output. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

mm. I'd ring in for a new remote. I can't see your op but guess you've tried changing the batteries in the one you've got?

I had remote trouble, not the same thing, but a new one solved the problem. good luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi,  

Thanks for that.  My initial thought was that the remote or its batteries were failing too. 

I've replaced the batteries and once the V6 box is on, the remote works fine so I'm pretty sure it's something wrong with the v6 box. 

It's not the common issue with hdmi that some people have reported either.  The v6 box will simply not come out of standby until it has been power cycled. 

Jp

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi icantsync,

Sorry to hear of the remote issues.

Please do call our technical team on 151//03454541111 and we can get a new one sent out.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I Have had this issue too. I found that pressing the power button several times eventually switched the box on. But once on the menu navigation is sluggish and remote control commands are slow or unresponsive. As you say, rebooting the box fixes it temporarily. I reported this to Virgin who told to delete all 'suggestions' that had been recorded. I have no suggestions as I switched that off as soon as I got the box. I was then told that this was a known issue and it would be fixed. No idea when though. Highly annoying, I have to reboot the box regularly and as you know, you can go and take a bath in the time it takes to reconnect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

"We have to power off the box and back on again.
I’ve changed the batteries in the remote, and once it’s back on it’s responsive to the remote so I don’t think it is an issue with the remote."

It's not the remote, it's the box. When will this be fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi mart100,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. To confirm, which box do you have please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

I have the V6 box. It's behaved this way ever since I had it In January this year.

0 Kudos