Menu
Sallski
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 box won’t boot up

Despite unplugging & restarting, i can’t get it to switch on. The red light remains on so I know the power is working. This is the case using the switch on the box and the remote control. The Wifi is working fine, so that’s not the issue.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box won’t boot up

Hi is this a new or replacement box. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Sallski
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it’s an existing box we’ve had for a couple of years and was new when we upgraded the package 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi in that case sorry to state the obvious but you have a dead box, you can wait for a virgin person to respond on here 3 or 4 days, or ring it in as such. Regards Micky
Sallski
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Micky.

Help desk it is then!

sally

0 Kudos
BahnStormer
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think this is part of a wider problem. Gut feel is a corrupt software update sometime mid afternoon.

I've had both my TiVo V6 boxes die this afternoon - my 9yr old son was complaining around 3pm that both TV's were broken, but I assumed he'd just set something incorrectly, but they the TiVo boxes are properly bust.... I can get them to to boot: Starting Up.... then the multilingual "Wilkommen/Welcome" page... then one of them them is totally dead... not even the usual signal errors or anything, just dead.... the other one had crazy fragmented picture and glitchy sound for a few seconds.... then dies.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I replied to the above post on your other forum thread

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just for the benefit of the thread, and as correctly advised by @newapollo - VM generally push out software updates to boxes overnight, for precisely the reason of minimising disruption caused by the necessary reboot.

If there were a corrupt software drop doing the rounds, I think we'd be seeing more than a couple of posts on here - there'd be dozens.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks