Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box with a long HDMI cable

I have a second V6 box coming next week which I will site in the bedroom. I can route the VM coax from the living room by concealing it in a channel I use to route the TV coax down from the loft but the VM coax will need to be about 6 metres long. I get a good wifi reception in the bedroom so I can connect the V6 this way although I could route an Ethernet cable along side the VM coax. My concern is that I have the TV on the wall but will need a HDMI cable that is about 9 metres long so that I can route it up to the loft and back to the wall in a concealed way. The TV is not 4k so will I be able to use a HDMI cable this long with a V6 box?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box with a long HDMI cable

Why would you be concerned about seeing a short HDMI cable between the V6 and TV?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Should be fine, I believe around 13m is the practical limit for sub 1080p, unless you start budgeting for fancy cables. I've used a 15m in the past at 1080i,with no problems  but not with the V6 specifically.

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, i will get a 9 metre lead and conceal it as the shortest lead I could use by trailing it around the room is 5 metres.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My second V6 box was installed this week and I connected to TV with 10 metre 2.0 HDMI cable successfully.

0 Kudos