Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

V6 box turns off instead of standby

I have an LG 55” 4K oled and every time it is turned off - standby - the V6 box shuts down. This means that nothing is recorded, recordings are trimmed and it takes a few minutes to start up every time. Is this normal? My old box behaved perfectly. I regret upgrading. All this means that to record anything, the tv needs to be kept on, which is a very long way from ideal.

As an aside, getting through to customer service is nigh on impossible, and the telephone robot is simply infuriating. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box turns off instead of standby

First thing to try.

Go into Home>Help & Settings>Devices>Power Saving Settings & make sure the box is not in ECO power mode.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Tried that first. I went through all of the help I could find to rectify the problem. It has been set to Always On since I realised it was shutting down. It makes no difference though. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-box-not-recording-properly/td-p/3367973 Is similar, but from quite a while back. It appears that this was resolved, but if a fix was found why is it not readily available or offered? Why can’t the errors found be patched in a new OS update that could cease all of those.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sturay,

Thanks for posting.

When you say that it's shutting down, is there still power getting to the box?

Also how are you turning your television into standby?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose, thanks.

The TV is turned off - put in to standby in exactly the same way as with the old Virgin TiVo box, using the magic remote that came with the LG. There should still be power getting to the box as the socket is plugged into a regular socket. However even when the V6 box is on, it often truncates recordings. Or just decides not to even try to record.

When the TV is on standby (little red light on at the bottom of the screen) the TiVo box displays no lights at all. It is powered down. Off. Will not record.

I have been through all of the settings on both the V6 box and the telly, but nothing makes any difference, it simply switches off.

I can only assume that there is an issue with this box as other users with the same TV have no issues.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sturay,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Okay so next I want to arrange for a technician to take a closer look at this so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi I am having the same problem as Sturay had back in Dec 2017 my TiVo box shuts down when I put tell in standby mode can you arrange a technician to call in
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi I am having the same problem as sturay had in Dec 2017. When I turn my TV into standby mode it turns the TiVo box off hence no recordings and takes forever to start again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi bigrick1966,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the V6 box.

I have located your account using your Forum details and I can see that you have recently called in about this.

I hope this means that the issue is now resolve for you. If not pop back and let us know so we can look into this for you.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos