Menu
MickD1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box turning off

V6 box screen goes purple with a rotating circle then goes to blue screen with check device power. The box still has white light and dosnt power off with red light.

Remote becomes unresponsive and a disconnection of power to box is required, 

This can happen after a few mins or few hours before happening again. Connected old TiVo box to tv and no problems.

Virgin are blaming hdmi cable and are sending one out before they will send an engineer, just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems 

thank you 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box turning off

Can you take a picture of the error and post it here?

Colours going wonky can be a symptom of HDMI issues, and I'm not convinced that "check device power" is an error generated by your V6.

It could be your TV complaining.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MickD1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No error codes tv is showing the check device power, but the box is on with white light where as it would normally show red light to indicate it needs powering up.

Have connected TiVo box from another room into the v6 boxes place and no issue 

E4700417-80EA-45E5-81AE-9B090B848D24.jpeg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That's an error from your TV, I suspect complaining of no video input from your V6.

A video handshake is part of the V6 boot-up cycle, have you tried restarting it with the TV powered up?

If that fails, what's the make & model of your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MickD1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When I disconnect the power lead from the v6 box leave for a minute or two then reconnect the box reboots perfectly with the tv in the on position, it may last an hour or two or sometimes only 10 mins

The tv is a Samsung 7 series uhd tv 55”

0 Kudos