Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 57
Flag for a moderator

V6 box to box error v401

I recently joined Virgin media and have had a number of problems with watching programs on my second. I've restarted both box and changed the remote devices settings on both boxes, which worked to begin with. Today I have started getting the v401 error and no programs will play when trying to connect between boxes. Please help. I also have a query relating to my first bill and think I have been overcharged, will I need to speak to someone else to clarify this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box to box error v401

Hi PaulC123_7,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting your boxes.

It can take a little time for the boxes to properly provision after install. Are you still getting the same error?

Speak soon 😄

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have found that I have to restart both boxes, it works for a day (sometimes a few hours) then the same error appears. Occasionally I get error code C243 as well.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 57
Flag for a moderator

I am having a similar problem, I have two boxes. Box 1 would see box 2 but box two could not see box one. Yet they are both on the same network and are connected via Powerline Network cables.

If I unplug the Powerline plug for one of the boxes for a moment, then plug it back in, both boxes can see each other and I can watch programs off the boxes in other locations. Yet I come to it the next day and it has lost the connection. So you go through the same process again, and it works for a day and then it's lost again.

Anyone any ideas of a solution. The hub is kept on 24/7 so the boxes are always connected. Are these faulty boxes I have been given by Virgin

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone help with  a solution to the above problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Does anyone have a solution to this yet? I have had my V6 boxes for a couple of months now so both should have "settled" on the network by now. I can see and play the content of my primary box (living room) on the secondary box (bedroom) but not the reverse, I am instead presented for the "cannot play X, please try again later V401" error.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Hi PaulC123_7,

I'm really sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this.

I'd like to arrange for a technician to check it out for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can book you in.

Speak soon 😄

Josh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Josh-RW,

This seems to be a general problem, and as stated above, I am having the same problem. Is the only solution to get a Technician out or is is a software problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulg262,

Thanks for posting!

yes, this error is a known issue. The only reason PaulC123_7 needs a technician is to adjust his Downstream Power levels to bring them in spec.

The issue seems to occur when the boxes are connected via the hub while it's on the 2.4ghz frequency. Changing it to 5ghx only should clear the error.

All the best! 😄

Josh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Josh-RW

Helpful, I think I have tried to move to 5ghx, but I seem to remember that other equipment in the house would not work, but I cannot remember what the issue was so will need to check.

0 Kudos