cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box stuck on welcome screen

RockerSBM
Fibre optic

Hey vm

My second v6 box is stuck on the boot up and orange light on the front it just wont moved passed it. ive tried everything to get it to work.

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's a bit tricky to advise when "everything" has been attempted, but does that include the following? No guarantees but if this fails, then the only other can be done is to call faults and report your failed box.

Turn off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey

Yeah done that light goes off comes back same colour.

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Have you tried switching the box of at the mains (at the mains plug socket on the wall) for about 5 mins?

Hi 

Yes i have last night the box started flashing and went off then come back on.

Hi 

and i also see the picture on the downstairs v6 box shuttering alot when watching things and even on bbc iplayer too

Hi there @RockerSBM 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you again for postig.

Can I ask if you are able to turn the box on that is facing the issue and let us know when it is powered on so we can take a look on our side? 

Hi 

It is still powered on

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RockerSBM,

Thanks for letting us know. We'd need to take a further look into this for you. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.
Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs