cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box stuck on welcome page

borischelski
Tuning in

Hi, our V6 box is stuck in a cycle on welcome screen. I've tried switching off and on multiple times.

Seems to be making a humming sound with an occasional clicking- weirdly almost like a CD player with a disc stuck that wont eject.

seems similar than the problem others have had - a hard drive problem ?

And the FA Cup final is in 48 hours !!!!!!!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

I would get on the phone ASAP (8:00 am) if you need the box to watch the cup final, luckily it's on BBC and ITV so if your TV has freeview HD and you still have an aerial you should be good.

From what you say the box sounds like it's trashed.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any TV box that is either stuck in the boot cycle or won't complete, has a fault - and you're best off reporting that. Your description of the sound does also sound like your hard drive has died.

It can't be repaired and will mean a replacement box, most likely by a tech visit. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone - or wait here a couple of days for staff to pickup.

You can access the channels in your TV package using the VM TV Go app on any compatible TV in the meantime, I've no idea what channel football's FA Cup is on these days.. but if it's on a FTA channel, then it's certainly time to check whether your TV has an inbuilt Freeview tuner.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi borischelski

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the V6 issue - I can see from checking the system that you've had a tech visit. Has everything been sorted? Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks to everyone for replies.

i have spoken to virgin who are sending me a replacement box

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @borischelski,
I'm glad to hear you've managed to get everything sorted. Fingers crossed the replacement box fixes everything! If you need anything else, you know where we are 🙂
Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ