Menu
Eclairbeast
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 box stuck on welcome loop

My v6 box is stuck on a loop of welcome screen, starting up and intermittently a download arrow

We can not get any tv and it has been like this for a day or so

i have done all the usual things like reboot but looking at what others say on here is sounds like it needs replacing.

my internet box is also permanently on a red light indicating it is too hot and intermittently drops signal. It is on top of the tv table behind the tv with plenty of space around it.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box stuck on welcome loop

Sounds like you need to call Virgin Media to report your TV fault.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Choose the "I have a fault" option.

VM staff respond on here, but it may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Eclairbeast
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I have done that too, they wanted to do all the usual checks I have already done and told to ring back later this evening if not sorted!  Looking on here people who have had a similar issue have got it sorted quickly via virgin tech responding!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

"Please call back later if it's not sorted" sounds horribly like "I don't know what to advise you on this call so call back and get someone else" - although I would love to think I'm wrong and there's another reason.

Unfortunately, this forum isn't a real-time support service although VM staff do respond in rotation. It's entirely upto you whether you wait for a staff response (maybe a day or so) or callback in and get another agent who's willing to deal with your fault there & then.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Eclairbeast
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Great advice thank you! I will give them a call again in a bit 🤞🏻

0 Kudos
Eclairbeast
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just by way of an update. After phoning virgin again they booked an engineer and my V6 box has been replaced. He had seen this issue before and immediately said I’ll just replace the box. So all sorted.

had a good service off virgin eventually, although I did have to ring a couple of times and was told an engineer was coming one night but no one turned up.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eclairbeast,

Thanks for getting in touch, welcome to the Community Forum!

I'm glad that this issue has been resolved for you, please let us know if you need any more help in the future.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos