Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 box stuck on 'starting up' screen

Hi

I'm experiencing near identical symptoms to another post:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-box-stuck-on-starting-up-screen/m-p/3701854#M35...

I have just turned my v6 off and restarted it. Its stuck on starting up for over 30mins now. The box is flashing between purple and white on/Off switch.

In addition the box is making an alarming whining sound.

As recommended I have rebooted the "super hub" and have checked the Cat5 network cable.

The problem persists despite multiple reboots of the "super hub" and tivo.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box stuck on 'starting up' screen

Hi Phone and report it as a fault because it will take a week for a virgin person to respond on here. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ggkaren, 

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to the Community.

I have taken a look at your account and unfortunately I have been unable to connect to your equipment.

Can you please confirm if you are you still experiencing the issue with the V6 box?

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes the problem persists

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The whining noise suggests that the V6 box is faulty, you need to report the fault via the phone lines as only an engineer can resolve the issue.

150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile or 03454541111 from any phone

Lines are open Mon to Fri 8am-9pm, Sat 8am-8pm, Sun 8am-6pm

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello ggkaren

Sorry to hear of the V6 issues but thank you for taking the time to make us aware and welcome to the forums. Is this something you still require assistance with or has a technician been booked?

If you could let us know we're eager to help get this resolved.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why most unsolved problems on VM's forum are shown as "Solved" it's misleading it's pathetic, I have not found one single solved issue here, and by suggesting to call VM or have the equipment replaced I hardly call this "solved" if my phone died and I buy a new one that doesn't mean I solved the issue.

On many threads the Tivo box (like everything else VM uses) has the same problem, I have seen threads as old as 9 years on other forums where the same issue still ongoing, VM does not care about its users, VM uses the crappiest product that it can get its hand on, VM is probably stringiest corporation out there along with its "owners" liberty global.

VM is so out of touch with its customers it's ridiculous, customer service is rude and inefficient, their equipments are either too old or too cheap and useless, that includes set top boxes and routers.

I am done with VM.

P.S They will probably remove this comment. (that's another trait of MV's whole ethos, they hate the truth)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi adambask,

Sorry to hear that you feel this way and I can assure you that Virgin Media staff do not mark threads as "solved". 

Each person's problem can be different to another person for example different power levels. If you're currently experiencing issues with your Virgin Media services, can you give us more information about it so we can help?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos