Menu
philtwigg1978
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box stuck on start up

One of our V6 boxes is stuck on the start up menu. Ive been through the usually resetting of the box etc that is advised by Virgin but still results in the same loop of going to the welcome screen and start up. Ive tried phoning customer care about this but am stucking on hold now for half an hours so given up. Does anyone know of any direct numbers to avoid going through the holding process. 

This has happened on one of our other boxes and a replacement box was needed and sent out within a few days so just want to sort this.

Also is anyone aware of how you would cancel additional subscriptions to channels such as Starzplay? i dont seem to be able to do that online.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box stuck on start up

Hi philtwigg1978,

To cancel additional channel subscriptions such as Starzplay this can't be done online or via the forums.

You can send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, Options 1,1 and 4 Changes to your package but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

As to your V6 box, you would need to go via the TV faults route using either of the above methods, or wait fo a day or two and see if a member of forum Staff pick this up for you.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
philtwigg1978
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to that reply.

I managed to get through to someone via online chat. They ran a test and said the box was faulty and would be sending a new box out, im still waiting forit to arrive and its been a week now so will have to get back in touch with them.

0 Kudos
philtwigg1978
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Following on from my post. I did managed to get in touch with someone via the online chat who carried out the checks and confirmed that the box was faulty and they will send out a new box within 3 or 4 working days. Its now over 3weeks later and still havent received the replacement box. Trying to get through on the phone and your just constantly on hold. I need to remove something from my package too. On the phone it says the best way to do this is online but that doesnt work. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to speak to someone at Virgin? Ive only got just over a month left on m y contract so i might need to contact them about leaving/canceling more subscriptions (movies/sport) to keep the cost down.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As already been explained to remove or cancel services it has to be done via phone.
0 Kudos