Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 box stolen by yodel

After a power cut, myself and many neighbours found our v6 boxes unable to boot properly. Virgin kindly agreed to replace immediately, however yodel have lost the parcel, cannot and will not give me any info on its whereabouts and furthermore the collect plus service it was meant to go to have no info of the package going to their system. Which leaves me to conclude that the yodel driver has stolen this parcel.

At this moment in time i cannot get any answers from virgin as i have spent three hours being cut off/misdirected and am about 5 minutes fro cancelling my direct debit for all of the services and going to the next competitor..

To rub salt in the wounds three of my neighbours received their boxes from yodel today whilst i was explaining this stupid situation to them.

Heres the tracking number if anyone finds it useful.. its useless to me..

[REMOVED:TRACKING ID]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box stolen by yodel

"the yodel driver has stolen"
Stolen is a big word. Packages get lost. You do not know that anyone has stolen it.

If you cancel your Direct debit you still have to pay. It will not do anything but list you as a debtor and get your debt passed to a colelction agent and your credit file damaged.

Contact Vm and have them send another box out

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Choonzy,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum and a very warm welcome to you

Sorry to hear you've not been able to find your parcel.

If you enter the tracking number into this website - https://www.yodel.co.uk/ it loads up the address of the Click and Collect Plus Point it's been sent to, have you visited this address?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The item has not been delivered to the collectplus address as it has not had a collectplus redelivery code and address assigned to it as it has not been received back by yodel depot after being out for delivery.  The package was due to be delivered to home address but was changed when the scheduled time meant no one was home. The collectplus option was chosen and a delivery was changed to next day. However yodel have no record of the change nor any record of the package since being sent out for initial delivery..

Therefore its still in the hands of the last person to handle it..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

'Packages get lost'

they do indeed.

there are plenty of v6's for sale on ebay, some still in their original boxes. but of course we know they won't work. as for yodel, me and them aren't talking after several packages got 'lost'. the reason we had the tech guy come out to set our v6 up was because we didn't want yodel involved.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Morning Choonzy,

Have you tried tracking your parcel today as there maybe an update on it.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In the context of an online purchase, it's commmon for retailers to provide tracking info to allow deliveries to be checked - and for retailers to just refer customers to the delivery firm to resolve issues. While that's no doubt the easiest method, it doesn't absolve the retailer of responsibility for the delivery, and until such time as the item is delivered... losses are ultimately the seller's issue to resolve.

I wonder how much of this theory still holds with replacement equipment deliveries.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi the conclusion hear is that once you change your mind with these kind of companies it throws them into confusion, I know it's not what you want to hear but you would have been better altering plans to be in. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@LittleMick73 wrote:
Hi the conclusion hear is that once you change your mind with these kind of companies it throws them into confusion, I know it's not what you want to hear but you would have been better altering plans to be in. Regards Micky

This is also true.. delivery companies on the whole have a bad enough reputation (usually more deserved than not), but given that... changing the timeslot of delivery if offered is one thing. Changing the method of delivery is another.

Combining the various options is just giving the courier an excuse to mess up. I'd tend to agree, that the box is almost certainly not stolen... but almost definitely mislaid.

0 Kudos