cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box still giving 7400 error.

ST6
On our wavelength

Paid the bill yesterday to get the service back on along with a package change. Obviously there was an outage so the service couldn't be accessed after that anyway. Rang up today about this 7400 error and the rep said there was still a problem from the outage and it should be back to normal in 24 hours. Virgin Media info though says that services are back to normal. Running the check on the V6 boxes also says there should be no problem.

I don't fully understand the 7400 error either because from what I can gather that error is because the boxes haven't been activated yet. They were working fine the other day though. What exactly is happening here please?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

7400 is usually an equipment activation fault, but if you're still having this issue now I'd suggest you call in with the box serial number handy.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Running the check on the V6 boxes", but I'd recommend calling and speaking to an agent if your boxes remain offline now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello ST6

Sorry to hear of the TV service issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From looking at the account I can see you spoke to the team on Friday following your post and were advised this was due to the outage and not the package change. Has this been resolved as we're now aware the outage has been fully resolved?

Thanks

Rob