Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 box showing error code 7400

Hi I just renewed my contract but since then I've had an error code 7400 on one of my boxes and can only access BBC1.  Therefore I think theyve deactivated the box. Have been through all the online testing processes which have done nothing. 

Impossible  to talk to anyone due to covid 19  Got cut off whilst waiting over an hour on phone to try and talk to someone and web chat has been waiting for 4 hours for someone to respond. 

Any ideas of a fix for this? Or a way I can get through to actually speak to someone please?

Thanks, Debbie 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box showing error code 7400

@debbiemetcalfe0 wrote:

Hi I just renewed my contract but since then I've had an error code 7400 on one of my boxes and can only access BBC1.  Therefore I think theyve deactivated the box. Have been through all the online testing processes which have done nothing. 

It won't - the only online help that you should be using here is https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 which gives the correct advice to call. If you've made a change to your package and subsequently lost the use of one of your boxes, I'd say your assumption is entirely reasonable. No online tests will solve this - it needs C/S intervention.

@debbiemetcalfe0 wrote:

Impossible  to talk to anyone due to covid 19  Got cut off whilst waiting over an hour on phone to try and talk to someone and web chat has been waiting for 4 hours for someone to respond. 

Any ideas of a fix for this? Or a way I can get through to actually speak to someone please?

I'm afraid the fix is to call C/S. I wouldn't even bother with web-chat to be perfectly honest - if an error has already been made with a box being deactivated (maybe in error, maybe your multiroom subscription has been chopped), then trying to fix it via web-chat creates more scope for it not to be fixed properly, IMHO.

There's no way of dealing with being cut-off after an hour - it shouldn't happen, but there are many reports of it, and it has been reported within Virgin.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos