cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box returns to start of programme

gulon679
Joining in

On long recordings the v6 box seems to decide that I have completely finished watching the programme when I may have a considerable time still to go. I record cycling races and American football, both of which can be 5 or more hours long. As an example, this has just happened again on the recording of today’s Vuelta (Tour of Spain) with about 40km of the race remaining. When I went in, after watching the test match, it was back at the beginning of the programme and the fast forwarding has to start again. Why does it do this? It was the same on the Tivo box and a previous v6 box. I assume some algorithm based on percentage is responsible. Does anyone have a solution?

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TiVo & V6 both run the same software, this should normally happen - IIRC - if you're within "a few minutes" of the end of the programme, the exact number of minutes might depend on your padding settings.

I've got +/-2 minutes set, and usually within perhaps 10 minutes of the end will trigger this behaviour.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks