Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

V6 box restarting itself

Hi, my v6 box has been rebooting itself randomly for the past week or two. I managed to get hold of a customer service representative by phone last night after an hour wait and they were really helpful but their system was down. They sent me a new v6 box which arrived today....... Now this one is just constantly going through a reboot loop until it gets stuck on a black screen with the white light showing. Can't get through to a human on the phone today either. 

I have a severely autistic little boy and this is really causing him some upset at the moment so if someone can help me ASAP I'd be really grateful. Thank you! 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box restarting itself

Ordinarily I would suggest that you simply need to persist with calling through to (most likely) the activations line who should resolve this for you.

In this instance I've flagged this post to VM staff for them to (hopefully) respond sooner than usual - please don't give up calling through in the meantime, though 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! Very much appreciated. I'm currently on hold..... Just passed the hour mark! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Jen79,

As far as I know the phone lines should close at 8pm and reopen again tomorrow maorning at 8am

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box you are installing. By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method was to reboot the V6, and if the channels are still greyed out then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yeah I was on the phone for just over an hour, then when it hit 8pm I was cut off..... Love it when that happens. 

I've had the box on and working for half an hour then it just does the boot process by itself constantly til it hits a point where it just hits a black screen. It's driving me bonkers 😭

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the issues Jen79 and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you've ran through a reboot of the Tivo box and Hub and checked all the wires are secure? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, yes I've tried the restart several times and changed hdmi cables and ports but still nothing. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming Jen79 and sorry for the delay in response.

We can see you've since been in touch with the team, what did they advise? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, 

We have an engineer coming tomorrow 

Thanks 

Jenna

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenna,

That's great news. Please keep us posted with how the appointment goes and be sure to let us know if you need anything else in the meantime.

Have a great weekend.

Beth

0 Kudos