Menu
WMorgan
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 box replacement

Hi all, I've been having trouble with my V6 box for a few months now, I've let Virgin know a few times about the problem and they said they've put a note on my account about the problem and they'd have to look into it, which nobody has yet.

I've had the box for about 4 years I believe, but for the last several months any time I try and watch any recording, if I pause it or try and rewind or fast forward it, it will pause for several minutes then jump ahead, or the whole box will freeze and I'll have to restart it, which takes several minutes each time. Sometimes just watching live tv it will freeze, and again I'll have to reset it, all without an error code.

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes them to send a replacement for a faulty box (if I manage to get through the hour+ of horrid hold music)?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box replacement

@WMorgan wrote:

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes them to send a replacement for a faulty box (if I manage to get through the hour+ of horrid hold music)?

Sounds like your hard drive is failing, and this will only get worse before it eventually fails outright. If VM decide an engineer appointment is needed for this, then that depends on availability of slots in your area and I wouldn't want to guess. If they decide this can be replaced using self-service "QuickStart", it's normally a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos