cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box replacement after fault and now no Sky sports HD channels

caverncaperer
Tuning in

I had an old Tivo replaced with a V6 after a fault. This also coincided, kind of, with an upgrade to my package that should have included Sky Sports. I get them in SD only. I tried calling Virgin but all the options, none of which matched what I needed so I gave up. Anyone aware of what could cause this? Powered off box numerous times etc. 

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 17.04.53.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Based on your screenshot, you don't subscribe to Sky Sports in HD. Below is a contract with SS-HD included.

japitts_0-1684426477739.png

So nothing to do with your box change, and everything to do with your subscription. On a TiVo or V6, you can refresh your EPG using Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels, often rendering a reboot unnecessary.

But it's unlikely to help here, your package change is the cause.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Based on your screenshot, you don't subscribe to Sky Sports in HD. Below is a contract with SS-HD included.

japitts_0-1684426477739.png

So nothing to do with your box change, and everything to do with your subscription. On a TiVo or V6, you can refresh your EPG using Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels, often rendering a reboot unnecessary.

But it's unlikely to help here, your package change is the cause.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

caverncaperer
Tuning in

Thanks. If I'd known Sky Sports wasn't in HD I probably wouldn't have bothered with it at all!!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Package changes come with 14days statutory "change of mind" right of cancellation. If you're within that period, then ask VM to revert to your previous package and then renegotiate a new one to include the £7/month HD supplement.

caverncaperer
Tuning in

The channel and package descriptions and guides are confusing. I'm also getting Sky Movie channels in HD and Sky Sports in SD which according to ChannelGuide_May_23.pdf (virginmedia.com) isn't the case. I'll guess I'll have to call to be sure.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Cinema is in HD as standard, Sky Sports is in SD as standard, and HD with a £7/month charge.

The channel guide shows 501-508 & 511-518 as premium channels. It's only SS-Mix & SS-Sports-News which are anomalies & are in HD if you have Maxit.