Menu
heartofscotland
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 box randomly rebooting

Good evening - I've seen this posted a few times, but didn't want to keep on with the same thread. However, my V6 box is randomly freezing and restarting. Sometimes 3/4 times per day. I suspect it's on the road out as I have had the same box for about 3 years now. It's very likely the box needs replaced.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box randomly rebooting

Hi heartofscotland,

Have you ran any tests on your equipment by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page?

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queue.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Heartofscotland and welcome to out community.

How are your services today? 

If still having some trouble could you please check all the cables are inserted securely and put through a reboot? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
heartofscotland
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, apologies for the delay in coming back to you. The V6 rebooted this morning, and came back on as normal. My broadband seemed to disconnect too but that seems to have resolved itself.

EDIT: Apologies - I forgot to actually respond to your main query! Yes, I can confirm all of the cables have been inserted correctly and are seated appropriately, and I reset the box myself. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the update heartofscotland,

As the V6 keeps randomly rebooting several times a day we would need to investigate this further for you. As you have already check all the cabling is tight an secure  but the issue persist we would like to take a closer look for you.

I will pop you over a private message, click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
LauraJ87
Just joined
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes having the same problem seems to be happening 2 to 3 times a day - not sure if a new box is needed?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post LauraJ87, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see your box is currently rebooting on it's own accord currently.

Can you please advise me how long this has been going on for, and how frequently this happens each day?

Please make sure all cables are finger tight 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
stevenpoore
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mine keeps doing this too, most particularly when we are on Netflix. Frustrating to say the least.

0 Kudos