Menu
louismiles
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box pulsing orange light

Hi all,

We don't actually use the TV box that much so it hasn't been connected for a while, but when I tried to watch TV today it reported no signal. I tried rebooting the V6 box and it got as far as the welcome page before returning to no signal and now has a pulsing orange light on the V6 box (it was white originally). Tried doing a hard reboot by turning the power switch while holding down the power button for 30 seconds but again just went to the welcome screen before going no signal and back to a pulsing orange light.

I'm guessing the V6 box is just dead and needs replacing? If one of the support team could reach out to me to either get a replacement or book an engineer (probably with lockdown starting with a replacement box the best way forward) I would appreciate it 🙂

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box pulsing orange light

Hi louismiles,

An amber (orange) light to the left of the Virgin Media logo (solid or blinking) means you don’t have full network connectivity.

To ensure your V6 is connected to the hub  go into Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect To The Virgin Media Service.

Make sure the test doesn't fail. 

After it has completed the test, perform a restart by going Help & Settings > Clear or Restart TiVo Box > Restart. 

It's also possible that the box has been deactivated if it hasn't been used for a while, usually around 30 days and would therefore need reactivating

You could try contacting  TV Faults by dialling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile  or 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
louismiles
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I don't think it was network as it wasn't getting that far (as I say the box was giving no signal so no way to get to the menu or do any kind of reset).

Saying that seems like patience is a virtue as after about 30 mins of flashing orange it has come back to life (think it may have been doing some kind of database rebuild) but hey working again and that's what matters 🙂

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi again louismiles,

Thanks for the update.

That's great news, fingers crossed it stays like that. crossed-fingers.png

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos