Menu
Hakdaddy74
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 box not working, over charged and no call back from customer support

Very frustrated and on the verge of leaving virgin media as I'm tired of the poor customer service and tired of being lied too. Currently box is unwatchable with c501 error when the box finally loads up after being in a loop of rebooting and starting up.

To bulletpoint the issues... 

V6 box hasn't been working properly for months with various errors from missing channels, constantly rebooting, lag on changing channels, crashing using apps and audio drop outs on recordings. Customer service refused to change the box and last engineer that came out didn't have a spare box to swap out.

Switched to new package 2 weeks ago and was promised £55 a month with main TV package, 108mb broadband and weekend phone, yet being charged £62. Spoke to 4 different customer service people who have yet to fix the billing issue and claim a manager needs to sign off on credit yet all in non UK call centre and all lied. Promised a manager call back when wanting to leave and be released from contact if issues can't be fixed,no call back.

Overcharged on virgin media very confusing bills, requested an explanation and call back, no call. 

Getting married in September so between full time job, master's degree and organising wedding I'm pretty busy and neither me nor my fiance have time to constantly chase virgin media nor pay for substandard service and customer support.

Posting here with last hope of getting this resolved by someone who can speak coherent English and has great customer service skills at virgin rather than people on poor pay in a foreign country with no power reading from a script. Very annoyed as the football is one Wednesday night and now I'm likely having to watch it on my tablet instead of TV as box is completely screwed.

Expect a refund for all this hassle or to be released from our contact with no charges

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box not working, over charged and no call back from customer support

Hi Hakdaddy74,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I an sorry to hear you are having ongoing issues with your V6 box and haven't been changed to the lower price package. 

I would like to look into this further, to do this I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Hakdaddy74
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

Just to also add we have issues playing back recordings from the box as well.

This morning I checked the TV and it was back to normal but the issues with the box are almost daily. It's frustrating as we don't have time to constantly chase these matters at the moment.

0 Kudos
Hakdaddy74
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Also to clarify when we attempted to reconnect to the network via settings we got a "failed unrecoverable error" message.

Seems as if our box is clearly faulty.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi you have been invited to a private message link by a virgin moderater, have you done that ?.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Hakdaddy74
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Box crashed again watching the football, missed the celebrations at the end of the game, furious! :-(

0 Kudos
Hakdaddy74
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Box crashed again and rebooted itself when the little one was watching cartoons last night 🙄

0 Kudos