Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box not working...it’s new

Got the box, set it up, called to get it recognised. Been 12 hours now, no matter what I do it states I have no connection. 
as usual no one answering the phone and when I get through they will test the line and say it’s fine. It’s not if it was it would be working

checked everything 

anyone...help missing Gogglebox! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box not working...it’s new

Hi Chelleywinfield,

Sorry to see you having probelms.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box you are installing. By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method ( which still works) is to reboot the V6, and if the channels are still greyed out then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Chelleywinfield wrote:

Got the box, set it up, called to get it recognised. Been 12 hours now, no matter what I do it states I have no connection. 

This might be sucking eggs, but do you have both the required connections present...

Coax carrying your TV signal

Ethernet (ideally) or WiFi to your homehub for the internet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great thanks, went to bed, slept, both the box and I woke working! I needed to be patient. So not me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Excellent outcome 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos