Menu
jofna
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 box not working after period of pausing tv programme

Hello,  Sunday evening we paused the tv because we had to take an urgent telephone call. It was paused for about 30 minutes.  I appreciate this appears to cause problems when the programme ends during this time, and we were then unable to unpause and watch the programme.  However we have lost all tv connection and V6 is not working. The tv shows the Welcome screen and occasionally switches to the starting up message.  The light on V6 is showing half red and half white and some time flashes. I have reset and switched off etc but nothing seems to clear the problem?  Can anyone help please. Needless to say unable to contact VM! Thank you.  John

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box not working after period of pausing tv programme

The only time when pausing/un-pausing should cause the behaviour you describe is if you're watching the programme you're recording - it can sometimes be easier to watch the recording in real-time.

Regardless, that shouldn't directly cause your box to restart (and get stuck) unless possibly your hard drive has problems. You can try the text message service (07533 051809) which should get a response in a day or so.. but otherwise you're best off calling 150 and being persistent.

Staff on here are currently taking about a week to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jofna
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box not working after period of pausing tv programme

Thank you for your reply. Getting stuck is a good description of how it seems. Currently been holding for over an hour and text service from yesterday not responding!  I must learn to be patient...

0 Kudos