Menu
Megdog75
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box not starting up

Hi, my V6 box won't start up. It's been about a week now. I have tried unplugging everything and turning it back on. I have also left it over night unplugged but that didn't help. When I turn the box on it has a picture on the screen which looks like it might be updating. Then it goes to the welcome screen. It does not get past this screen and just starts cycling between the two. The box also starts making a strange scratchy noise which sound like it's about to explode. For this reason I have left it unplugged now as I don't feel like it is safe to leave on. I have tried to get through to someone on the phone but have given up as my house phone battery keeps running out I'm on hold that long. 

Please help

Many thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box not starting up

Hi Megdog75,

Unfortunately it sounds like the hard drive has failed/is failing.

You need to contact the Faults team.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline (again), or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
emilyfouracre
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. The V6 box won't start up. I've tried unplugging it and it doesn't get past the welcome screen. Just doesn't load anything. It's making a weird noise too... From looking online at others that have experienced similar issues, I think the hard drive has possibly failed? Could you help me please? I've tried to call the customer support number but can't seem to get through to an actual human to discuss this problem with. I'm getting increasingly frustrated as I pay over £60 a month for this 'service'. Many thanks. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@emilyfouracre 

I would suggest you follow the same advice that newapollo gave.

VM staff do work their way through posts on here, but it can take anything from a few days to a week - all of which is time you're then off-service.

I sympathise with anyone suffering the pain of C/S call queues, but they're a darn sight less painful than the prospect of the box sitting there unusable for days on end!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos