Menu
gravy1
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box not needed to be delivered

Hi 

I upgraded my package. I already have an unused, unwanted Tivo in the cupboard so can I skip having a V6 delivered? 

As there is no alternative options when ordering (and virtually no way to contact anyone to speak with), I chose to have it delivered to the nearest store but I intend to never collect it. It would save time and effort if it is never sent.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box not needed to be delivered

Hello

How long have you had the box as normally boxes that are not normally used for a length of time are de-activated from the system ?

Where did you get the box was it from VM ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gravy1
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for answering Mike but you have focused on the one unimportant part 🙂 . It's an old VM set top box from VM. Years ago an engineer installed a Tivo, after 15 minutes of use I realised it was too slow with too many menus/ sub menus. As my wife and I rarely watch TV, she reads and I game, I put the box in the cupboard. The freeview TV was faster and easier to navigate. When one  of my children moved back in, he used a Humax to record programmes (we do not record anything hence, no need for a set top box). Plus, whenever my children or grandchildren come round they stream anything they want to see.

3 to 5 years ago when I was about to leave, I spoke to a lovely lady from VM she removed my £5 monthly charge for the Tivo and saved me a total of £15 per month and said they do not want it returned it should be recycled. It is still shown on my package as having TV M (same channels as Freeview). I'm guessing it must have been 18 months ago that the Humax broke and my son activated the Tivo for a few days until his new humax arrived

Yesterday I received an email from VM stating I was out of contract (I liked that, good customer care, I had no idea) it also said there was a similar package to my current package that was £10 per month cheaper. Great!

So I made 2 mistakes.

1. I went to the VM site thinking it may be less maze like nowadays and I could find this cheaper package 😋  and....

2. I signed in.

once signed in it only ever shows 3 options and all other links go round and round in circles but always comes back to just that page. (Go to the site, log in and try it).

Anyway, I'm only interested in Broadband, we only have a landline phone because my 97 year old Father in law needs to be able to contact us without incurring costs of calling mobile phones. But the only options ever shown on the site are the same 3 and all include a TV package. But, for 18 months it is only £1.05 per month to double my BB speed (Great, that's all I want) and after that I will call retentions and lower the speed to get back nearer my current price.

I do not want a V6 box, I do not want any set top box, but VM, by default are sending me another set top box. With limited call centre staff I only get automated messages, and the only contact I have found is here or twitter. Even on the website if I go to the help page it only links to FAQ's and if I click "contact" at the bottom of the page... it doesn't open a message box or an email link it links back to the same help page that I'm already on. I can only assume whoever created the myriad of menus/ sub menus on Tivo, created the website lol, he should stick to impossible-to-escape maze designing 😁  

Anyway I hope that answers your questions Mike. As you do not work for VM I'm not sure you can help me stop the V6 from being delivered to the nearby store, I'm sure they will not want to keep it for 18 months and I will never collect it.

0 Kudos
gravy1
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Should I cancel the order and go through retentions?

0 Kudos
gravy1
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I phoned VM and explained the v6 box was not needed. I was told my package would need to change and it would cost £20 more per month to drop a service. I said I'm happy with the package I have ordered, I don't mind the activation fee, I just do not need the V6 sent. I was told I was not entitled to that package. I said it was one of three upgrades offered to me. I was told it was only for new customers so it is not for me. So I said just go ahead and deliver it to the shop where it will stay. Again, I was told I am not entitled to the package to which, I had upgraded. So I will see what happens. I expect a text saying my V6 box is ready for collection on Saturday but I will not collect it.   

0 Kudos