Menu
N81L
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box no sound on any channels or apps

So I am getting no sound at all from my V6 box except if I plug headphones into the 3.5mm jack socket at the back. I have changed HDMI cables and ports in my tv, still the same. I have rebooted it several times, most recently for multiple hours, still the same.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box no sound on any channels or apps

Have you ruled out your TV having no sound? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had that problem last weekend. I changed HDMI cables, also connected to different HDMI ports on TV with no success. I also cleared and deleted everything on the V6 so there were no recordings left on the hard drive. I also made sure that all cables were tight.

I then decided to give the room a good vacuum and I unplugged every single electrical device in the bedroom and rearranged all the cables ( it was like spaghetti junction). Plugged everything back in and the V6 box is now fully operational, no sound problems.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I seen this on a Samsung TV today, it did some sort of update, unplugged it from wall and back in and sound came back

0 Kudos
N81L
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had tried changing the hdmi port in the tv and the hdmi cables, nothing from it. I was getting sound through the tv from freeview. I then set the tv(Toshiba smart tv) back to first installation settings and the sound returned, so this appears to have been a software issue with the tv rather than an issue with the v6 box.

I have no clue how it happened, no settings had been changed and the tv had not been updated. Thankfully its all working now.

Cheers to those who commented. 👍

0 Kudos