cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box new recordings stutter and pixilate

On our wavelength

I have an issue with my recent recordings in my shows. 😞

old recordings fine , catch up fine , pausing live tv and then playing fine BUT anything ive recorded in the last couple of weeks regardless of channel stutters pixilates picture stops etc making them all unwatchable.

I have rebooted the box checked connections etc no difference.

please help im missing my shows!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's two possible causes of this.

1; A signal fault is causing live TV to pixellate, this will affect any recordings of that pixellation.

2: A hard drive fault is causing all recorded content to breakup, but live TV is fine. Both recordings and paused/delayed TV uses the hard drive.

OnDemand uses neither live TV nor your HDD so would be unaffected by either.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's two possible causes of this.

1; A signal fault is causing live TV to pixellate, this will affect any recordings of that pixellation.

2: A hard drive fault is causing all recorded content to breakup, but live TV is fine. Both recordings and paused/delayed TV uses the hard drive.

OnDemand uses neither live TV nor your HDD so would be unaffected by either.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

On our wavelength

Hi thanks for the advice i did a couple of test recordings then paused live tv for a longrer period and you guessed it all pixellated !! so its looks like the hard drive is toast 😫.

My next issue is how to get it sorted ? can it be requested online if so how (i have had no luck getting any reply on the phone previously !)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @90110 

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Two ways to report any service fault.

1: Call in - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Choose the "I have a fault" options. 

2: Wait on here a few days for VM staff to respond

Hi @90110 

Welcome back to the community. Sorry to hear of your picture concerns. 

Checking my side, I can't see any issues with the set top box readings we have. We can run through a few checks to see if we can resolve. 

Please ensure that the white coaxial cable is secure/tight at bother ends with no kinks, twists or damage. 

Please ensure that the set top box is in a well ventilated area

We need to check what video output your V6 box is on. If you could press the 'home' button on the remote for me please
Next go to 'Help and Settings' > 'Settings' > 'Video Output' and let me know what it says. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

On our wavelength

hi thanks for getting back to me, i managed to make contact via chat function and have an engineer coming out on friday thanks