Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box needs resetting every time it's switched on

I have also been having this problem for a few weeks now. My solution is the opposite of the one mentioned above - I select the V6 HDMI input on the tv first, then bring the box out of standby. That seems to establish the required hand-shaking, and avoids the need to reset the V6 every day.

My tv is a Panasonic TX-50EX750B, which had a software update recently - I wonder if that has anything to do with the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

We are having the exact same issue. We have a Samsung Q9FN top of the range tv but constantly have to reboot our Virgin V6 box every day as it seems to disconnect somehow from the incoming Virgin Media service. 

Dear Virgin, this is obviously a common issue so why are you silent on it?  What is the resolution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're having issues Cmcdou.

I would like to take a further look into your issue via a private message and we can see what is happening to your box and connection.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Dear Steven_I

I have been having the same problem as cmcdou. I don't understand why there is a need to establish a private message to investigate the issue.

Clearly, from reading the thread and googling the issue, it is affecting a number of different users, who have different setups e.g. Tv's and connectivity between the box and the hub and TV. It seems that the only thing in common is the V6 box. My setup worked well for nearly a year then the issue began. Could Virgin please expend some time in trying to resolve the issue

Kindest regards 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Davrob1.

We do go through all the above tests before we take it into a private message if we may need to send out replacement equipment or make an engineer appointment. It's not occurring with a large fraction of the V6 boxes all our customers have, our systems would pick up if this was a larger issue, raise it to the team and it would become a known area fault located on our service status page

If you're currently experiencing the same issue could we please confirm if you've been through the checks listed in the thread above?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I'm also having the exact same issue however my box goes "dead" after about 20 mins viewing.

If I turn off at the wall for about 10 mins it will power back on for another 20 mins then power off again/crash front light turns amber.

I have 3 V6 boxes in my house it appears this one is faulty ? i've only had it for 2 weeks.

What can I do to resolve this issue please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi marc_lucas, sorry to hear you're having this problem with one of your V6 boxes. 

I'd like to take a look into it for you, so will send a PM shortly to confirm a few details & hope to hear back from you soon. 

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Having the same box for 3 years now ,a couple of weeks I was having to reboot the V6 box every couple of days ,this week it's now a daily occurrence , every thing else works fine ,the TV is a year old ,the connections are fine , it's obviously the box is dying ,I don't want an installer sent out (I refuse to call them engineers ) ,so how do I get a new box...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Please can you check the power setting on the help and setting page if the box is going onto Eco standby it will take longer to come back when waking up. If the box is set to always on then you will need to contact us to do some more further test over the phone you can now contact the team via the text service on 07533051809.
If you drop them a text they will be back to you shortly!
Hope this helps
Neil 
Virgin Media Field Technician working from home

If you found my response useful, please give me a thumbs up!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more