cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box making clicking noise

Abrahs
On our wavelength

New box installed yesterday following failed hard drive on old one. This is making a clicking noise. Sounds like the hard drive. Is this likely to be a teething problem or should I call for an engineer?

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Superstar

You could try making a few test recordings before making the inevitable phone call if it is the hard drive.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this clicking noise correlates with the hard drive running, then no - that doesn't sound healthy.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @Abrahs, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and I'm sorry to hear of the ticking noise being made on the new set top box.

Can you please confirm if this is still ongoing, and if you can record TV shows on the set top box?

If at all possible, could you possible record a short video of the box making the noise, so we can get a better understanding of the fault?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Abrahs
On our wavelength

Hi

we had a replacement box and that still makes the sound. Maybe I’m being oversensitive but the I don’t recall the old box making this noise.  

As I’ve had the same engineer out 3 times in a few days (we also had a wi fi hub failure!) I’ll live with it for the moment.