Menu
Danners
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 box making clicking noise and green screen

I have been getting a random green screen almost every day, where I will have to turn the box off by the plug and turn it back on. This has been going on for a few months. This week the box has started making clicking noises and there seems to be issues, where it will turn off by itself. And restart.

Has anyone encountered this issue or aware of how to fix it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box making clicking noise and green screen

If this green screen is, literally, just a bright green screen with no text - it may be a dodgy HDMI port or (more likely) cable. Changing the cable will be the first thing to try.

If there's any message on the green screen, like.... "the DVR has detected a serious problem", that means your box's hard drive has failed and you'll need to call VM to arrange a replacement.

Your mention of clicking noises and box restarts would tend towards the faulty box theory, I'm sorry to say.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone - and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box making clicking noise and green screen

The clicking noise is quite possibly the hard drive is starting to die